Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Bourbon Strawberry Sauce


One night my husband asked if I had anything sweet around.  I hadn't baked anything that day...because I didn't FEEL like it, ok!

I had some fresh strawberries and frozen low-fat yogurt (hubby didn't look interested in that for some reason).  I love to prove him wrong, so I decided to find something simple to add to the "not the saaaame as ice cream" vanilla froyo.

I found this recipe in mom's cookbook and when I realized I had all of the ingredients, I knew it would be an easy sell.  I worried that it would defeat the purpose of lowfat frozen yogurt but it just takes a drizzle to add flavor, but really...who just drizzles yuminess?  I bet it would be great on warm pound cake, angel food cake or brownies too! 

Bourbon Strawberry Sauce

1 c. brown sugar
1 c. water
1 c. strawberry preserves (I used Smucker's seedless jam)
Juice of one lemon
Juice of one orange
1/2 c. bourbon
1 c. chopped nuts (optional)

Cook sugar and water until it spins a thread. (looks like a spider web when you "drip" it from your spoon).  Add remaining ingredients and stir well.  Delicious over ice cream. (and lowfat frozen yogurt, you don't have to tell your picky partner like I did.)

No comments:

Post a Comment